Features

The Redness Solution

As a fair skinned girl with quite heavy cool undertones to my skin, I have always fought a never-ending war against redness in my complexion. My forehead, nose, and chin don't get particularly red most of the time, but my main target are my overly ruddy cheeks. I have tried redness reducing skincare, piling on the foundation, avoiding potential triggers, but it is a persistent problem that I have had since birth. Thanks mum and dad for these genes! I have found that a lot of skin care products trigger redness in my face and the red areas tend to also be quite dry to excessive makeup clings to the dry areas (not cute) so this doesn't leave me with a whole lot of options except admitting defeat or exploring the world of colour correcting makeup.

After lengthy sessions browsing Makeup Alley, Sephora, Mecca Cosmetica, you name an anti-redness product and you can bet I've read a review on it. But the product that constantly came out on top was the Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF15. At a fair price of $36, I picked this one up with hope glittering in my eyes. This product is a green tinted primer that evens out the skin tone and protects against harmful UVA/UVB rays which can trigger redness. When I apply this before makeup, it does visually reduce the appearance of redness slightly and acts as a moisturising primer which allows my foundation to glide over dry patches (two in one!). I find that this one also adds extra longevity to my base as it is slightly tacky in texture, which gives foundation a better base to adhere to. The only downside is that it smells slightly of ants (yes, ants have a smell and yes, I can identify the smell of ants easily) which is a teeny bit off-putting, but it's not noticeable once it's on the face. 

Clinique does an entire range of anti-redness products and I'm interested to try some more after this success! How do you combat facial redness?

No comments:

Post a Comment