Features

Dry Skin Saviours


Can’t seem to get rid of dry, flaky patches? Been there, done that. As a girl with sensitive dry skin all over my body, I live with this daily. And with winter on our doorstep, it’s time to avoid heaters, smother half a tube of moisturiser over your dry limbs and lips, and avoid flashing skin until summer.  Here are a few of my picks for combating dry skin and flaky patches.

Rosken Skin Repair Dry Skin Hydrating Lotion (375mL for $9.49) is a miracle worker for dry bodies. Seriously, this is the reason why I haven’t fully morphed into a scaly lizard during the winter. It keeps my skin soft, supple, and hydrated. It’s perfect for overnight use as it can take a while to sink in. I can also use this wonder product on my feet- just slather it over them, slip on some socks and voilĂ ! Silky smooth feet by the time 6am rolls around and it’s time to get out of bed. All I can ask for really.

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector (100mL for $21.95) softens rough hands and keeps them hydrated. As your hands are one of the first places to lose moisture due to their exposure to the elements, it is crucial to keep them hydrated. This pick is perfect for those who struggle with dry hands (unattractive, I know) to keep dry patches at bay. I also use this on my elbows in times of disaster to help eliminate pesky bouts of psoriasis. Again, it may take a while to sink in, but when it does, your hands feel like silk- practically ready for a hand modelling shoot. There is also a 30mL travel sized version too, perfect for throwing in your handbag. Expect a funky smell, but this is negligible.  I use this is conjunction with the Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter from Lush (50g for $16.50), to really soften my skin. This cream is a really thick consistency due to the shea butter, lanolin, and beeswax in it, and smells quite lemony. Some people hate the lemony smell, but I don’t mind it- so it’s best you go and have a sniff yourself. This duo keeps my hands in a good condition and I no longer have that disgusting feeling that you get when you look down as see dry, scaly hands.

Overnight, I use Lucas’ Pawpaw Ointment (25g for $6) on my lips to maintain hydration. I slather on a liberal amount before bed, and my lips just seem to drink it up. By the morning my lips feel quite plump and nourished. Sometimes I also pop some on my lashes to give them a break from mascara and some added hydration. Another bonus is that this tube just won’t die. I’ve had it for a few years now, and despite constant reapplication during the day, my tube is still hanging in there- I’m still set for at least a few more months.


With these four picks in my mitts, I will be keeping my inner lizard at bay- until next year… 

No comments:

Post a Comment