Features

Sleep Assistance



Before I go to sleep, I like to partake in a nightly ritual to send me into the land of Nod protected by Sandman himself. These products have me falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and I wake up feeling well rested and ready to face the day.

First up, if I’m feeling a little congested, I like to fill a breathing steamer with boiling water and a few drops of The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil (10mL for $9.95) to ease sinuses and clear my head. I find this always helps immensely if I am ill to relieve the symptoms before they develop. I like to follow this up with The Breath of Life Healing Herbal Mix (4g for $49). This blend of dried herbs truly ‘makes breathing easier’. The price is a little steep, however, this will last ages. When the smell reduces, you top it up with an oil to maintain the healing properties. I have had this for most of my life and it has only required more oil several top ups.

I also love to apply The Aromatherapy Co. Sleep Pulse Point (15mL for $14.99) to my wrists, temples, behind my ears, and to the inside of my elbows. I picked this up from David Jones a while back on a whim, and I haven’t looked back- one of the best 15 bucks I’ve spent in a very long time. As a blend of lavender, chamomile, and sweet almond oil, this product soothes and induces restful sleep. The Oil Garden Aromatherapy Lavender Water (100mL for $16) also gets some love; I like to spritz this all over my pillow just before I hop into bed to help me sleep (it smells lovely too!).

These products will be getting some love tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment