Features

Beauty Bag Staples | Brushes


Today I'm going to be talking makeup brushes. I feel like brushes are often overlooked in favour of a new eyeshadow or that drop dead gorgeous lipstick you've been lusting over, but they form the foundation (excuse the pun) of any makeup look and without a good set of tools, makeup doesn't always perform to it's potential. Here is my five-piece brush lineup that has your back during even the hardest makeup sitches...

Meet The Avengers of the Makeup Brush Realm:

1. The Do it All Base Brush: The Real Techniques Buffing Brush. To this day this brush remains one of the best purchases I have ever made. It's that good. This brush is like magic when you're trying to blend out foundation, can be used for concealer, cream brush, powder blush, mineral foundation, bronzer... the list goes on. This brush is fantastic for anything base related and is an absolute staple in my kit.

2. The Powder Brush: The Real Techniques Blush Brush. This is another great multi-tasker which can be used for powder, blusher, bronzer, contour. It wrks as an all over powder brush, can be pinched for more of a precise contour effect when teamed with a bronzer of contouring powder and is fantastic for blush as the name would suggest. In my opinion, this is the best cheek brush in my collection and you should definitely go pick this one up asap.

3. The Angled Brush: The Zoeva 317 Wing Liner Brush. As the name suggests, an angled brush is a staple for winged liner, but it can be used for much more than that. This one is fantastic at filling in brows, smudging shadow along the top and bottom lash lines, and of corse gives a perfect winged liner look. In a pinch, this one can also be used for lining the lips which negates the need for a lip brush in this edit, and can also be used with a touch of concealer to sharpen up under the brows, around the lips, and tidy up any liner mishaps.

4. The Fluffy Eye Shadow Brush: The Zoeva 227 Soft Definer Brush. Eye brushes are where it starts to get particularly confusing with pencil/tapered/small/short shaders/pack-on-ers/blending brushes, etc etc, but if there's one brush that you should have in your collection is a fluffy blending brush. Similar to the cult favourite the MAC 217 brush, the Zoeva brush is basically identical and is a much for purse-friendly alternative. This brush is great for sweeping shadow all over the lid and blending out shadows in the crease- it's basically the do-it-all eyeshadow brush that makes blending eye shadows a dream. This is also a good one for blending in concealer under the eye when you don't feel like using your fingers!

5. The Brow Tamer: The EcoTools Lash and Brow Groomer. I don't know what I would do without this brush. My eyebrows are on the larger side of the spectrum and they are darn unruly to say the least. Every morning I give them a good comb into place and this one is handy if you need to soften an over zealous brow powdering session with your angled brush. I also like the lash comb end for merging my natural lashes and falsies (on the rare occasion I wear them) or to comb through overly clumpy mascara. 

With a handful of brushes poised and ready to blend, comb, and buff, you makeup will be looking flawless in no time. These five bad boys have got you covered.

5 comments:

  1. I can't be without the buffing brush by Real Techniques. It's just the most fantastic foundation brush I've used!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the Avengers of the makeup realm! I would totally agree! I love Real Techniques, pretty much my whole brush collection is made up of them. I recently got the Multi-task brush which I've been loving but the Blush and Buffing are good stand bys. I really want to try the Zoeva makeup brushes, but I'm not exactly sure where to buy them? Slash I haven't done much research haha, but I'm assuming online?

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need more RT in my life right now! I'm biding my time until they go on special at Priceline before I buy the Travel Essentials Kit because I really want the Multi Task brush! Zoeva brushes are fantastic quality for the price point, and you can buy them online here: http://www.zoeva-shop.de/ and the shipping to Australia is reasonable too!

      Delete
  3. Great post :) I love the Real Techniques brushes! Your blog is really nice - I've just given it a follow xx

    Jasmine Cara

    ReplyDelete