Features

Percy and Reed Hair Care


The travel sized section of Sephora is a dangerous place. Filled with a plethora of minis and dinky little bottle of makeup, hair, and body goodies, it calls out to you as you queue to pay for your already overflowing basket. Before you know it, you're adding piles of products into your basket like a maniac and desperately trying to stop the products from spilling onto the shop floor (they need supersized baskets, seriously). This all leads to the moment when the cashier announces the eye-watering amount that the products have added up to and you try to justify it before accidentally "tripping" onto the key pad and correctly entering your pin, signing away a month's worth of groceries to the makeup god. We've all been there.

While I was in Singapore last month, I picked up two travel sized Percy and Reed hair care products (along with many other things, check out my beauty haul here): the Texturising Spray and the Bodifying Cream. I had heard quite a lot about Percy and Reed in the blogosphere but unfortunately, the brand hasn't travelled across the seas and landed on Australian shores.

I was extremely excited to try out the Texturising Spray as I love adding texture and volume to my hair to give it an extra somethin' somethin' and this TS did not disappoint. It gives the perfect amount of grit to first day hair and gives the roots a little little too. Bonus points for smelling lovely!

I was more curious about the Bodifying Cream since I don't have anything like it in my hair stash, and I'm pleased to report that it gives some serious body to the hair. Damn, it makes my hair *big*. I personally wouldn't rock this when my hair was down, but I have found that this is a miracle worker when it comes to messy buns. I run two pumps of this through my hair and it gives some serious volume. I then pull it up into a high pony and lightly backcomb it to give even more volume. Next up, I twist my hair into a seriously big messy bun and pin it into place. Voila! This is my go to for third (or fourth) day hair or when my hair is rebelling against styling. Simple and easy! I am extremely pleased I picked this one up on a whim because it is a bun saver. It's love.

Since I was so impressed with these two products, I have done some more research into the brand and there are a whole stash of products that I want to get my mitts on! I've got my eyes on the Totally TLC Hydrating Mask, the Dry Shampoo, and the Shine and Fragrance Spray. I'm going to be loading up next time I go to a Sephora on holiday for sure...

2 comments:

  1. The Texturising Spray sounds lovely! I haven't tried anything by the brand before but everything sounds quite lovely!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, texturizing spray sounds really cool. I've never tried anything like that before. I think I'll give it a go.

    And I totally know what you mean about picking up things when you're waiting in line to pay for what you already have. All stores do this and it drives me crazy but I can't help but look at everything! It is indeed very dangerous! ;)

    ReplyDelete