Features

Lush Lashes


Myself, like countless other women consider mascara a complete necessity. Even on those barely-there and lazy makeup days, we still love a lick of mascara to coat those lashes. It has the remarkable ability to make such a huge difference to your look by opening your eyes and giving a polished look.

My Holy Grail mascara is the cult classic, L’oreal Telescopic Mascara (8mL for $26.95), as seen on the left. I picked this up from Priceline after um-ing and ah-ing about it for months, but after ViviannaDoesMakeup’s constant praise, I succumbed. Boy, am I glad I did! When I first took a look at the wand, I was a little unsure (how on earth was this going to actually work??), but I gave it a go. First impression: DAMN. My lashes look fiiine. I knew from that moment, this was going to be a winner. After I apply this, I like to run a clean mascara spoolie through my lashes to eliminate any clumps and to prevent my lashes sticking together. Then I like to take a step back and admire my lashes for a few moments before I finish my makeup.

Maybelline The Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara (8.5mL for $19.25) is the runner up for mascara and is on my right eye. The wand is curved and large, opposed to the skinny wand of L’oreal Telescopic. I find that it gives more volume than length (as the name suggests) and generally it is quite a nice mascara. However, it doesn’t beat L’oreal Telescopic for the top spot in my heart. Despite this, I will definitely repurchase this the day it dries out and it is a wonderful addition to my makeup collection.

I also picked up some false eyelashes from a little Japanese store a while back at Pacific Fair on the Gold Coast. I don’t know the brand, but like everything else in the store, it was $2.80. Bargain! They’re probably not the greatest quality, but I have nothing to compare them to- they seem decent enough. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you which eyelid these are glued to- they are quite dramatic (good for a night out, maybe? ;) ). I will wear them out sometime soon, and I’ll let you know the results via instagram and twitter (my username is sunnyvandenberg  on both platforms).

Don’t forget to lay off the mascara occasionally for some TLC for your lashes- either coat them in a serum or moisturiser overnight or on days at home (or both) to keep them healthy and nourished. I expect these two mascaras will be gracing my lashes for years to come. What are your favourite mascaras?

No comments:

Post a Comment