Features

In Transit

One of my greatest beauty fears is opening up my compact mirror on-the-go and having something that resembles Gollum staring back at me in the reflection (no offense to Gollum). Or even worse, having nothing to fix myself up with to give the illusion of being semi-decent. These are my picks for curbing my Gollum-tendencies throughout the day:

Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Handwash (50mL for $10): Despite the severe hive-inducing disaster of Aesop’s skincare line on my face in January, I ventured out to pick up this gem. An anti-bacterial gel is an absolute essential when you’re out and about to protect yourself from hoards of germs. I believe this one is a cut above the rest with its mandarin rind, rosemary leaf, and cedar atlas scent- it beats Dettol any day, hands down.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer (tube for $33): I find by lunchtime, I have a few bouts of redness on my face, and some of my blemishes have resurfaced. Not for long. I whip this baby out and presto! My face looks human again. Great coverage, great staying power, not so great smell (very ‘paint’ like… a little concerning Estee Lauder?).

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light (10g for $62): After I go a little crazy with the concealing, I like to set it in place with this. Hourglass have really come up with a miracle worker here- it mattifies the skin just enough, keeps my makeup in place, and adds a little something-something to the face. Next stop, healthy looking skin.

Ecotools Brow and Lash Comb ($5.99): my eyebrows tend to do their own thing throughout the day so I like to comb them into place every so often to avoid the mad-scientist look. Cheap and effective.

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in #4 (3.5mL for $49): this balmy lip tint is pretty much perfection. It gives the perfect amount of colour, nourishment and shine and really brightens and lifts the face for an afternoon-pick me up. Pulling this one out in public feels darn satisfying with its luxurious packaging, and YSL have really mastered the scent- a deliciously fruity candy smell. It doesn’t have the longest lasting power, but it is one of my holy grail lip products. 


Beauty on-the-go sorted. The bus doors are closing in 3, 2, 1…

No comments:

Post a Comment