Features

Off To Tokyo

I wish. However, the NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Tokyo (4g for $55) fills the Tokyo-sizes hole in my heart that lusts for Japan.

This eyeshadow duet holds two satin shades: a pale sheeny white, and a cool-toned taupey-grey lavender. The shades complement each other perfectly and are quite sheer, leaving a beautifully subtle wash of colour over the lids. 

Despite being purple, this colour doesn’t make me look as if I’ve just being admitted to hospital after a brawl, and the buttery formula lasts all day. However, I do like to prime my lids first with the MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study to resist creasing and enhance the colour. I love to use the lighter shade in the inner corner of my eye, the first third of the lid and on the brow bone. Then I take the taupey-mauve on the remainder of the lid and the crease for a simple, yet elegant, look.

The only drawback is that it may not show up on skin tones much darker than mine- I definitely recommend this to fair-skinned ladies and gents.


This eyeshadow is stunning, and the quality easily justifies the hefty price tag. In my eyes, it was worth every cent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment