Features

Makeup Bag Rotation #1


The arrival of September has been very welcome- a trip to Melbourne, the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to China, and of course the start of warm weather, short shorts, bright colours, and a bronzed-up glow. In celebration, I thought I would give you a little tour of my favourite picks for spring so far...

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser / NARS Laguna Bronzing Powder / Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 / MAC Mineralise Eyeshadow in Love Connection / Revlon Nail Enamel in 210 Electric Pink

First up, the find of the year. After grabbing a sample of this a few months back, I fell in love. The first time I applied this tinted moisturiser, my heart fluttered, my eyes formed the shape of hearts, and I fell deeply in love. When the cosmetic god dropped this into my life, the world seemed a little brighter and a ray of hope shone down from the heavens. It has the most gorgeous natural finish and just the right enough coverage for every day use, and the longevity is relatively good- better than that of NARS Sheer Glow. I will definitely drop everything to get another tube the day I squeeze the last drop out of this one. Love, love, love.

Sorry about the NARS rave right now (it's my favourite brand if you couldn't tell), but Laguna definitely needs to be mentioned. I'm sure you have heard every woman and her nan's cat raving about this, but it really does live up to my high expectations.

The award for the best lipgloss of all time goes to... *drumroll please* Clarins! I picked this up on a whim, but goddamn, it has been one of the best decisions I have made relating to makeup. It gives a stunning sheen with a tiny pop of colour which is perfect for summertime- no sticky messes in sight. It also smells heavenly... *drool*.

Eyes-wise, this shadow by MAC takes the crown- shimmery and bronzey, it's right up my alley. It doesn't crease on me (a miracle!) and complements my green eyes. I have a sinking feeling that this gem was limited edition, but fingers crossed that it's available in MAC counters permanently.

Topping everything off, this nail polish just does it for me. A neon corally-pink shade is my jam, and gosh this looks gorgeous on the tips. It doesn't have longest lasting power- about four days for me- but I chop and change my nail colour so often anyway so it's not really a problem. I'm sure it can be forgiven.

I have a feeling this picks will be with me for a long time, but we'll see about that. Who knows what will be in the next beauty rotation...

No comments:

Post a Comment