Features

Travel Temptations



Duty free always serves up a good spread of products that are either unavailable here in Australia or the price is so unbelievably high that there is no way I could ever hand over that much money for one product. Each time I make my way through the airport, I always make sure to stop at the high-end beauty counters to pick up a few bits and bobs (especially lip products as you can see in the photo) to fill the luxury brand hole in my heart that Australia's inflated pricing leaves- seriously $55 for one lipstick? No.

When I travelled to China at the end of last month, I was fortunate enough to have some free shopping time on the stopover to Shanghai in Singapore Airport. At this point my heart was pounding, my palms were getting a bit sweaty, and my cash was asking to be burnt. I practically ran to the nearest cosmetic shop to scout out some fancy products with a more reasonable price tag.

I restrained myself to three products: a Chanel lipstick, Chanel lip gloss, and a Dior lipstick (which were all dirt cheap in comparison and were guilt-free purchases- success!).

Top: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 70 Sourire | Dior Addict Lipstick in 554 IT Pink
Bottom: Chanel Rouge Allure Lip Gloss in 56 Imaginaire

The Rouge Coco Shine lipstick line from Chanel has always caught my eye and I was tossing up throwing shade number 69 Flirt into my basket as well. I just settled on the one, and boy is it a beauty. Sourire is such a stunning light peachy-pink with a subtle shimmer running through it. The texture is extremely soft and the pigmentation is sheer- an easy no-fuss everyday shade that I feel would suit all (if not, most) skin tones. I feel the swatch above really does not do it justice!

Dior Addict Lipsticks are another formula that is absolutely gorgeous. They are creamy and sheer with just the right amount of colour. The shade I picked up, IT Pink, is the perfect bright but not too intense shade for me. 


Lastly, I got the Chanel lip gloss on a whim- I had never even looked twice at them in Australia but there was something special about this shade when I saw it. It was a bit of a 'ta-dah' moment: the lights from the heavens (or fluorescent shop lights) shone down on it, angels began to sing and my eyes took the shape of love hearts. Damn, this lip gloss is fiiine. It has a subtle amount of colour; enough to add a spot of rosiness to my lips and the formula is so smooth- not sticky, tacky, or grainy like some other lip glosses I have tried. In my eyes, this takes the crown for my favourite gloss; move aside Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter, you have been replaced. 

I think it's time to roll out my sleeping bag outside of the duty free cosmetic counters until my next big holiday in January. Duty free, you had better watch out because boy am I coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment