Features

Easy DIY Festive Body Scrub

It's day five of the Twelve Days of Christmas and today I thought I would do something a little bit different from what I usually do. I know that it can get really expensive around Christmas time so I thought I would do a simple DIY Festive Body Scrub. This is super duper simple and uses only a few household ingredients so it's quick, easy, and cheap to make. Perfect for an inexpensive bath time treat or a thoughtful gift for friends or colleagues without breaking the bank. 


Let's start off with the ingredients/utensils required:
  • 2-3 cups of sugar (brown or refined depending on the desired level of scrubiness)
  • 3 tbs of olive oil
  • A few drops of vanilla essential oil
  • Ground cinnamon and nutmeg
  • A bowl
  • Measuring cups and spoons
  • A jar
  • Ribbon for decoration

First of all, measure out all of your ingredients and put them in the bowl together. 


Now it's time to get your mix on! Grab a spatular or a spoon and get mixing all of the ingredients together. Feel free to adjust the amounts as you like- the ratio of oil to sugar and amounts of nutmeg and cinnamon are entirely up to you and will depend on your personal preferences. I, for one, love cinnamon so I may have gone a little wild with the cinnamon...


Okay so now it's time to spoon the mixture into your jar of choice, clean up any mess you've made on the outside of the jar, and tie a ribbon to add a festive flavour to the scrub. Now you're done! This is perhaps the easiest DIY beauty recipe I have ever encountered and is one that I plan to make more of when I scrape the last handful from this jar and yes- this one is for me ;)

It's time to get scrubbing! Oh, and don't forget to do the washing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment